Thursday, February 19, 2009

Decorating Tools

Well, it's been a while since I've baked anything (two weeks!). So I'll just blog a little about a question that I get asked alot - "How do you make those perfect swirls?"

It looks difficult, but mastering the frosting swirl is actually quite simple. All you need is some practice and a pastry bag or pastry gun. A pastry gun is a better tool when you are making the big cupcake swirls, but a pastry bag offers more control for detailed decorating. The pastry gun that I have is from Williams-Sonoma. I actually recommend researching other brands, because this one was kind of pricey, and also has a problem where the frosting gets lodged in the plastic.

There is a Wilton one at Bed Bath and Beyond, but you can also try Sur La Table. Happy decorating!





No comments:

Post a Comment