Friday, April 24, 2009

Bake Sale! Hamburger Cupcakes & Tartine Cookies


I helped host a Great American Bake Sale at work with all proceeds going to Share Our Strength, a charity to help fight childhood hunger in the US. It was so much fun, even more then I expected, and we raised $1400 in one week! Co-workers were very generous with donating their baked goods, and eating too. We were sold out in minutes almost every day. Above is a pictures of some of the baked treats we had on Tuesday.

The giant cookies are Tartine Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies. The recipe orginated from the famous bakery in the Mission District of San Francisco, so famous the line stretches out the door on Sunday mornings. It's currently my top favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe with a unique nutty flavor and amazing texture - I highly recommend it! (link takes you to the recipe)

I also made these "hamburger cupcakes" below out of white and chocolate cake, with colored buttercream for the mustard & ketchup, and green fruit roll up for the lettuce. As usual, it was more work then I expected, cutting all those tiny mini cupcakes in perfect halves...

No comments:

Post a Comment